1. Read entire instruction sheet before proceeding.
2. Run OBD II diagnostics and repair or replace any malfunctioning components before installation.
3. Make sure vehicle is parked on a level surface and set the parking brake.
4. Disconnect both battery terminals.
5. If engine has run within the past two hours let it cool down.
6. Chock the rear wheels, and use properly rated jack stands when lifting the vehicle
7. Wear eye protection.
STOCK INTAKE REMOVAL
1. Start by removing the engine cover. Gently lift up at the base then pull the cover towards the front of the car.
2. Remove the strut tower brace.
3. Remove the three hoses attached to the inlet tube secured to the throttle body (View B, #1).
4. Loosen hose clamp at the throttle body and the air box (View B). Then remove the inlet tube.
5. Unplug the MAF sensor and the wire mount.
6. Gently pull up on air box, but do not completely remove. Unplug the vaccum soloniod (View B, #3) and the vacuum line attached to it.
7. Disconnect the vacuum line (View B) from the intake manifold (View B, #8).
8. Unclasp and remove the vacuum assembly from the air box (View B, #3 & #4). Unclip the wire mount from the air box.
9. Lift up and gently remove the air box from the vehicle (View B, #2, #5, & #6)
10. Remove both front wheels to access the fender liners for bumper removal.
11. Disconnect the front fog light connectors for vehicles equiped with fog lights.
12. Remove the front side marker lights.
04-05 Mazda RX-8 1.8RTR Intake System Installation Instructions
April 22nd, 2010 · No Comments
Related Tags: battery terminals, fender, fog light, fog lights, hose clamp, hoses, intake manifold, level surface, maf sensor, marker, Mazda, mazda rx 8, rear wheels, side marker, stock intake, strut tower brace, throttle body, vaccum, vacuum line, wear eye protection