The Volvo 240 Service Manual: 1983-1993 is a comprehensive source of service information and specifications for Volvo 240 and other Volvo 200-series cars built from model years 1983 through 1993. Whether you’re a professional technician or a do-it-yourself Volvo owner, this manual will help you understand, maintain, and repair systems on the Volvo 240.
Volvo 200-series and 240 models covered in this repair manual:
- 1983-1985 – DL, GL
- 1983-1985 – Turbo
- 1986-1993 – 240, 240 DL
Volvo 200-series and 240 gasoline engines covered in this repair manual:
- B21F-T (Turbo)
New durable hardcover format – This manual is now being published as a durable, long-lasting hardcover book designed to withstand frequent use in a professional shop or home garage. All of the content of the previous softcover edition is included.
Though the do-it-yourself Volvo owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information, even the Volvo owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that owning and reading this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
- Fundamental automotive concepts explaining basic troubleshooting techniques, workshop practices, and tool use.
- Maintenance schedules and procedures for each maintenance task, from checking fluids to replacing the timing belt. This manual tells you what to do, how and when to do it, and why it’s important.
- Detailed, in-depth troubleshooting and repair for engine management and emission control systems: Bosch LH-Jetronic fuel injection, including LH 2.0, 2.2, 2.4 and new 3.1 versions; Bosch K-Jetronic (CI with Lambda) for turbo models; Breakerless electronic ignition, including Bosch EZ116 K and Volvo/Chrysler systems; Charge Air Pressure Control System (intercooled Turbo).
- Automatic and manual transmissions, including overdrives, with comprehensive procedures and specifications for 4- and 5-speed manual transmission overhaul.
- Illustrated, step-by-step repair procedures from adjusting valve clearances or replacing the heater blower to restoring suspension bushings or replacing the water pump.
- Essential information on Volvo safety technology, including anti-lock brakes (ABS) and the airbag supplemental restraint system (SRS).
- Electrical wiring diagrams with easy-to-use troubleshooting and circuit descriptions, including illustrated fuse, relay and component locations.
- Plus the comprehensive factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments and tightening torques that you’ve come to expect from Bentley manuals.