As you read through this procedure, note that each part referenced has the same callout number throughout. Also, the part number in the text matches the corre- sponding part number in the art. Kit parts are prefaced by the word kit in italics.
You will find it easier to keep track of hardware if immediately after removal you put the fasteners for each subassembly in a paper lunch bag and write on the bag where they go.
1. Read all warnings and instructions completely and carefully before you begin.
2. Check to make sure the kit is complete (refer to the Parts List, section E).
3. Only install this kit on the vehicle for which it is intended.
4. Park the vehicle on a clean, dry, flat, level surface and block the tires so the vehicle cannot roll in either direction.
5. Disconnect both battery cables. Disconnect the negative cable (1) first, then the positive cable (2) from the battery (3).
6. Remove two covers (4 and 5) and the airbag fuse (6) from the fuse panel (7)
Get ready to install the kit.
1. Remove the front bumper.
a. Measure distance between the front bumper (8) and front fenders (9). Record measurement.
b. If so equipped, remove two connectors (10) from fog lamps (11).
c. Remove eight panel clips (12) and air flap (13) from front bumper (8) and core support (14).
d. Remove four nuts (15) and front bumper (8) from frame (16)
2. Remove the rear bumper.
a. Disconnect two license plate lights (17) from the rear bumper (18).
b. Remove four nuts (19) and rear bumper (18) from frame (16).
3. Under the hood.
a. Remove two screws (20) from radiator shroud (21) and fan shroud (22).
b. Remove two screws (23) from fan shroud (22) and radiator (24).
c. Pull radiator shroud (21) up and back from fan shroud (22), off of two top click-in mounting tabs (25). Rest fan shroud on fan.