The MINI Cooper Service Manual: 2002-2006 is a comprehensive source of service information and specifications for MINI Cooper models from 2002 to 2006. This manual supersedes our previous 2002-2004 manual with two more model years of coverage, including new repair information for the convertible and the 2005 facelift. Whether you’re a professional or a do-it-yourself MINI owner, this manual will help you understand, care for and repair your car.
Models & engines covered:
- Cooper: 1.6 liter normally aspirated engine
- Cooper S: 1.6 liter supercharged engine
- Manual 5-speed transmission (Midlands, Getrag)
- Automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT)
- Manual 6-speed transmission (Getrag)
- Automatic with Agitronic (Aisin)
- Procedures for everything from basic oil change service to interpreting the malfunction indicator light (MIL). This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
- Engine and cylinder head service, including camshaft timing chain setup and adjustment.
- Information for specific driveability problems, including explanation of the engine management system and OBD II diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs).
- Theory of operation and repair information for the EMS2000 engine management system.
- Supercharger and intercooler information, including component removal and replacement (Cooper S).
- Drivetrain maintenance, including troubleshooting, adjustment and repair of clutch, gearshift linkage and drive axles.
- Manual and automatic transmission removal, installation, seal replacement and external service.
- System description and repair information for Antilock Brakes (ABS), Automatic Stability Control (ASC) and Dynamic Stability Control (DSC).
- Heating and air conditioning repair (IHKS / IHKA), including component replacement.
- Body adjustments and repairs, including sunroof and convertible.
- Wiring schematics and extensive electrical component section specifying relay, control module and ground locations with detailed illustrations and photos.
Bentley repair manuals provide the highest level of clarity and comprehensiveness for service and repair procedures. If you’re looking for better understanding of your 2002 through 2006 MINI Cooper, look no further than Bentley.