Removal of Factory Intake
1. Turn the ignition OFF and disconnect the vehicle’s negative battery cable.
2. Disconnect the mass air sensor electrical connection.
3. Disconnect the vacuum switch electrical connection.
4. Disconnect the crank case vent hose from the hard line.
5. Loosen the clamps at the throttle body and at the mass air sensor, then pull the stock intake tube up and unclip the hoses from the bottom of the intake tube.
6. Loosen and remove the nut that secures the vacuum switch to the stock intake tube, then remove the stock intake tube.
7. Disconnect the vacuum hose from the air cleaner.
8. Unclip the mass air sensor electrical connection from the side of the air cleaner, then pull upwards to release the air cleaner from the factory grommets.
9. Lift the drivers side left front tire and remove from the vehicle, then raise the vehicle and support by the jack stands.
10. Remove the 4 screws and 5 plastic rivets from the inner fender valance, then pull the valance back.
11. From underneath the vehicle, loosen and remove the 3 bolts that secure the air intake resonator to the inner fender, then remove the resonator.
12. Loosen and remove the two bolts that secure the air cleaner support bracket to the inner fender, then remove the stock rubber grommet.
13. Insert the rubber washer into the hole on the stock support bracket.
14. Secure the rubber mounted stud to the support bracket.
15. Reinstall the air cleaner support bracket back into the vehicle turning it upside down.
Install of Intake
16. Install the reducer and clamps onto the throttle.
17. Slide the short ram tube into the hose, then tightened.
18. Secure the vacuum switch to the intake tube bracket using the existing hex nut.
19. Connect the reducer to the crank case vent hard line, then connect the
other end to the vent on the intake tube.
20. Remove the vacuum switch from the side of the air cleaner assembly.
21. Remove the bolt that secures the ground block to the inner fender.
22. Install the vacuum switch onto the angle bracket using the stock nut.
23. Remove the mass air sensor from the stock air cleaner assembly.
24. Install the mass air sensor into the intake tube.
25. Slide the reducer and clamps onto the cold air tube.
Bomz Racing 03-05 Mazda 6 L4 Cold Air Intake Installation Guide
May 2nd, 2010 · No Comments
Removal of Factory Intake
Related Tags: air cleaner, cold air intake, crank case vent, electrical connection, hex nut, inner fender, intake resonator, intake tube, mass air sensor, mazda 6, negative battery cable, plastic rivets, rubber grommet, rubber washer, stock intake, stock rubber, support bracket, vacuum hose, vacuum switch, vent hose