This kit should only be installed on a vehicle that is in good working condition. Before you install the kit, thor- oughly inspect the vehicle for corrosion or deformation of the sheet metal around the factory body mounts. If the vehicle is suspected to have been in a collision or misused, do not install this kit. Off-road use of your vehicle with this kit installed may increase the stress applied to the factory body mounts. We do not recommend that any vehicle with a body lift kit installed be involved in any extreme off-road maneuvers such as jumping. Failure to observe this warning may result in serious personal injury and/or severe damage to your vehicle.
Prepare to Install Kit
Intake air duct
1. Remove intake air duct from top of radiator and throttle body.
1. Remove two bolts securing fan shroud to top of radiator. Pull fan shroud up and out of clips that secure fan shroud to bottom of radiator.
1. Remove two bolts securing smog canister to passenger side fender well. Move canister about 5” toward engine. Drill two new holes and install canister with stock hardware. This will allow the hose to reach the canister after cab has been lifted.
1. The shift lever should simply drop down into the floor. It may be necessary to notch the floorboard after lifting cab (as specified later in this document).
1. Check fuel filler hose for ample flex and reach. Dis- connect if necessary.
1. Extended cab: Pull the bottom of rear seat forward. Remove bolts holding rear seat cushion to floor. Remove rear seat cushion.
2. Pull carpet back to reveal access covers above body mount bolts. Remove access covers.
3. Loosen, but DO NOT remove, cab mounting bolts on driver side.