The MoboScan8550 VW/AUDI Scanning Reader is specially designed to work with most Volkswagen and Audis sold Worldwide of 1990 or newer models. If a VW/AUDI has a 16-pin “OBD-II style” Data Link Connector (DTC), the Scanning Reader will certainly work. If it has an old-style 2×2 Data Link Connector (DTC), then it depends on whether there are 4 or 3 wires connecting to the pins. If there are 4 wires, each connecting a pin, then it will work. If there are only 3 wires, leaving one pin disconnected, then it will not work.
For VW/AUDIs with old-style 2×2 Data Link Connector (DTC), you need to have a 2×2 cabling adapter which is not included in this product package.
CAUTION: Don’t connect or disconnect any test equipment with ignition on or engine running.
1) Turn the ignition off.
2) Locate the vehicle’s 16-pin Data Link Connector (DLC).
3) Plug into the scan tool cable connector to the vehicle’s DLC.
4) Turn the ignition on. But do not start the engine.
5) Turn the scan tool’s power on.
6) Press the Y button. A sequence of messages showing Main Menu:…