R260S Programmer can program the Motorola/Freescale 68HC912/MC912/MC9S12 microcontroller families, including the latest MC9S12X XGATE-based processor family. The system works as a in-circuit programmer, no needs to remove the chip from the target board nor lifting any pin. It connects to the board via serial connection by using only few wires and it works with secured chips, too. No matter if secured or not!
Installing and using instructions:
1. Install the software located in the CD on a PC running Windows (95,98,Me,XP tested).
2. Attach the R260S dongle to the PC RS232 communication port.
3. Connect the wires to the board as explained in the pictures. In some cases you need to leave the green wire unconnected… in that case, please, be careful that the wire does not touch the board inadvertently.
4. Run the PC application software and select the desired model of the car you need to program.
5. Power up the interface with a +12Vdc regulated supply.
6. Press “Read” button to read the micro, after the decoding phase you can read the decoded old-value.
7. Type the desired new value and then press the “Write” button. After the writing phase the system checks automatically that the new value has been written correctly to the eeprom. If desired, you can read again the newly programmed value.
8. Switch-off the power supply after programming. Be sure that the power has been switched-off before disconnecting the programmer from the target board.
Items now available for in-circuit programming:
• BMW 1,3,5,6 Series CAS2 White (MC9S12)
• BMW 1,3,5,6,X5 Series CAS3 Black (MC9S12)
• BMW 1,3,5,6,X5 Series CAS3 Black (MC9S12X)
• BMW 7 Series CAS 2002 (HC12)
• BMW 7 Series CAS 2005 (9S12)
• BMW X3/X5 EWS4 (MC9S12)
• Ford Mustang 2007 (MC9S12)
• Landrover Freelander 2002 (HC12)
• Landrover Freelander 2004 (HC12)
• Mercedes A-Class 2004 Key Module (MC9S12)
• Mercedes C/CLK C209 ZGW (MC9S12)
• Mercedes E/C W211 Key Module (HC12)
• Mercedes E/C/CLK/SLK W211 Key Module (MC9S12)
• Mercedes ML/R W164 Key Module (MC9S12)
• Mercedes S/SL EZS R230 (MC9S12)
• Mercedes Sprinter EZS (MC9S12)
• Mini One/Cooper Dashboard (HC12)
• Mini One/Cooper EWS4 (MC9S12)
• Mini One/Cooper CAS3 Black (MC9S12X)
• Volkswagen Crafter EZS (MC9S12)