Camshafts are interchangeable between all years and engine sizes. All factory cams are standard hydraulic types. Erson Cams offers hydraulic and solid lifter cams. Roller camshafts are available special order.
January 26th, 2011 · No Comments
December 18th, 2010 · No Comments
1. Release fuel pressure. See FUEL PRESSURE RELEASE. Drain coolant from radiator and cylinder block. Drain engine oil. Disconnect all necessary coolant hoses, electrical connectors, vacuum hoses, fuel lines and control cables.
2. Remove front exhaust pipe. Remove air injection valve pipe. Remove intake air duct. Remove radiator fan and shroud. On Frontier and Xterra, remove [...]
August 18th, 2010 · No Comments
In most cases engine components are selected and thrown together based on nothing more than magazine advertisements or verbal recommendations such as “well it worked for me” kind of thing. This hit or miss method of engine tuning is not always positive. So when a customer approached us with the desire for something better for [...]
June 1st, 2010 · No Comments
1997 Ford Truck F 150 2WD Pickup V8-5.4L SOHC VIN L Vehicle Level Engine, Cooling and Exhaust Engine Timing Chain Service and Repair Installation
Ford does not provide a procedure to align the timing components without the OE tools specified. 1. Compress the tensioner plunger, using an edge of a vise. CAUTION: Timing chain procedures must [...]
May 23rd, 2010 · No Comments
6009 Ford Camshaft Positioning Tool. To prevent damage to valves and pistons, do NOT rotate the crankshaft and / or camshaft(s) when removing the timing chain(s) and installing the cylinder heads. Because this is not a free-wheeling engine, if it has “jumped time,” there will be damage to the valves and / or pistons which [...]
November 20th, 2009 · No Comments
1. It is highly recommended that an oil and filter change be done before installing new cams.
2. Remove the distributor, and valve cover from the engine. Use caution not to drop anything into the engine.
3. With the parking brake on, and the car out of gear (neutral), rotate the crankshaft clockwise until #1 cylinder is [...]
October 9th, 2009 · No Comments
PLEASE study these instructions carefully before beginning this installation. Most installations can be accomplished with common tools and procedures. However, you should be familiar with and comfortable working on your vehicle. If you do not feel comfortable performing this installation, it is recommended to have the installation completed by a mechanic.
• MANIFOLD: The Torker 383 [...]
July 29th, 2009 · No Comments
With the resurrection of the Vantage name in 1977, Aston Martin enthusiasts everywhere breathed a sigh of relief; previously applied to high-power versions of the DB six- cylinder cars, it had been dormant since the V8’s arrival back in 1969. A heavier car than its six-c y l i n d e r predecessor, the [...]