There is a lot of play in the wheel on this truck and I am wondering how to go about fixing it. The power steering pump squeels when I turn, so I am going to replace it, but I doubt that will fix the play.
January 4th, 2011 · No Comments
December 31st, 2010 · No Comments
Removal and Installation Loosen Positions 1, 5 and 6 on the driver and passenger sides but do not completely remove the bolts. Completely remove bolts for positions 2, 3, and 4 on the driver and passenger sides. These inner positions, if not removed, could possibly damage the body when lifting it from the frame.
December 21st, 2010 · No Comments
Have tried using a g-clamp, but it will only move 2-3mm, had no trouble with the front brakes.
Ans: Push in while turning the piston clockwise there are tools that put pressure on the piston while turning notice the two spots on the caliper piston face there the tool pins catch turn and push inward. Your [...]
August 19th, 2010 · No Comments
Expect 6-8 hours the first time you do this yourself, sometimes longer depending on your mechanical ability. This time estimate is AFTER you level your floor.
Tools and equipment needed to do setup at home:
• Level surface (absolutely level, use shims to achieve if needed)
• Scales, camber gauge, toe plates, string
• Normal tools and jack stands
July 22nd, 2010 · No Comments
When a technician is disassembling a Mercedes 722.3 transmission and finds a damaged stator support, most of the time it’s not a big deal. A replacement stator support can usually be purchased for $125 or less and most often it doesn’t take more than a day or two to get the part. However, there are [...]
May 20th, 2010 · No Comments
1. With transmission in neutral and parking brake off, raise vehicle. Scribe alignment marks on all flange/yokes and slip joints to be disassembled or disconnected. Remove drive shaft from pinion flange/yoke.
2. Slide rear drive shaft slip joint from front drive shaft splines. See Fig. 10 . Support drive shaft(s) while removing center bearing support bracket [...]
December 17th, 2009 · No Comments
DODGE S-2000 Spherical Roller Bearing mounted units incorporate a unique way of sealing the internal components of the bearing while still allowing a full + or – 1 degree of misalignment. The patented sealing system (Pat. #5,908,249) has proven effective, due to its constant contact pressure, in protecting the internal bearing components under maximum allowable [...]
November 16th, 2009 · No Comments
The Roll-Top-Cover® is designed to carry rainwater from the cover into the canister and then out through the drains. Most truck models have standard OE drain holes or plastic/rubber access ports in the front of the truck bed. Check to make sure your truck has the OE drain holes so that drilling into the sheet [...]
November 13th, 2009 · No Comments
These instructions outline a simple procedure of replacing the main seals and dust boots on the 1982- 83 200sx or 1986-87 Maxima rear brake calipers. Most parts are interchangeable between the two calipers, including the pads, sliders, pistons, hardware, seals, anti-squeal shims, and brake lines. The mounting brackets, and the geometry of the E-brake arms [...]
October 28th, 2009 · No Comments
REAR DISC PAD INSTALLATION
1. Remove the parking brake cable.
2. Remove the bolt.
3. Slide the caliper to the position shown in the figure.
4. Remove the disc pads from the mounting support.
5. Remove the (shims and guide plates) . Store the removed parts away from dirt, as they will be reused.
6. Clean the exposed area of the [...]