- Remove the undertray. Remove the heat shield from the right hand chassis rail. Remove and discard the towing eye from the left hand chassis rail.
- Locate the threaded nuts in the underside of each chassis rail and loosely attach side arms (C) & (D) using 1.25 fine pitch bolts (G) with shakeproof and heavy duty washers (J) under the bolt heads.
- Insert towbar (A) between side arms (C) & (D) and loosely attach using bolts (H).
- Attach detachable towbar neck housing (B) & retractable electrical mounting bracket (EP) to towbar (A) using bolts (F). Note: Where there is no electrical mounting bracket (EP), use additional flat washers (L) under the bolt heads. The electrical mounting bracket carries type approval information required by law and must always be fitted as shown. Please refer to separate fitting instruction (ZM1418/19/20) for assembly and use of the retractable electrical mounting bracket.
- For 12N or 13 Pin Electrical Socket Fitment: Cut section from undertray as illustrated by the unbroken shaded area.
- For 12S Electrical Socket Fitment (Retractable Option): For 12S Socket Additions where it is desired to retract the electrical mounting bracket, it is necessary to use additional Electrical Mounting Bracket ZM1420 (Purchased Separately). This is mounted to the right of the towbar as illustrated by the ghost image. An additional undertray cut will be required and is illustrated as the dotted shaded area.
- For 12S Electrical Socket Fitment (With Extension Plate Option): For 12S Socket Additions where it is not desired to retract the electrical mounting bracket, add Extension Plate ZM1364 (Purchased Separately) to Electrical Mounting Bracket (ZM1418). This method prevents retraction of both Electrical Sockets behind the bumper skin, but benefits from a minimised undertray cut.
- Tighten all bolts ensuring assembly remains square and level. Replace heat shield using longer bolt (I) with flat washer (K) under the bolt head. If additional exhaust clearance is required, drill clearance holes in the heat shield for bolt heads (G).
Toyota Avensis Estate TY6063 Fitting Instructions
June 5th, 2010 · No Comments
Related Tags: 12n, additions, bolt, bolts, chassis, electrical socket, electrical sockets, flat washer, ghost image, heat shield, heavy duty, left hand, mounting bracket, nuts, pitch, retraction, shakeproof, toyota avensis, type approval, undertray